Functional Medicine looks at how you can change your diet and lifestyle by using natural and scientifically proven ways to manage and treat illnesses. It focuses on the root cause of illness rather than solely treating the symptoms by addressing the following;
- The mind body connection to illness states
- The huge impact of chronic stress on bodily functions and how to manage this in today’s world
- The nutrient requirements of multiple bodily processes
- And lastly, the impact of environmental toxins that could be playing havoc on your body
As a result, the functional medicine approach will benefit the following patients who are suffering from:
- Unexplained tiredness
- Trouble losing weight despite eating all the “right” foods
- Chronic gut issues, e.g. bloating, diarrhoea and constipation
- Feelings of anxiety even after having tried multiple remedies and fixes
- Female hormonal issues
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and obesity
Meet the Functional Medicine team at Nicholson Health and Wellness:
- Dr Shami, a General Practitioner and member of ACNEM (www.acnem.org)
- Dr Anil Asthana, a specialist Gastroenetrologist
- Jessica Singh, a dietitian
- Sue Jones, a counsellor and hypnotherapist
Dr Shami works alongside our dedicated dietitian, Jessica, as part of a fully Integrated Practice. The combined consultations will enable you to see both the doctor and dietitian in one appointment and as a result, achieve long lasting results in the quickest possible way.
Dr Anil Asthana is a specialist Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist and Endoscopist. He is a leader and advocate in the field of Functional Gastroenterology. He believes in adopting a holistic approach to patient care and management.
Sue Jones is an experienced counsellor and hypnotherapist who helps patients address their underlying emotions including stress management.